Wednesday, July 29, 2009

French bulldog - comments?

I want to get a French bulldog. I live in an appartment, and from what I've heard they can adapt quite well inside. I think they are the cutest dogs ever, anybody else have one? Could you give me some information about them. Also, how much should I generally pay for one?
Answers:
Any dog can live well in an apartment provided you exercise them enough. French Bulldogs are easy to exercise because they are small and can get good exercise in short distances.
They are happy and gentle and great family dogs that do well with children. They are people dogs and prefer people's company to other dogs. They are also known for being stubborn when it comes to potty training and it is widely known that crate training is about the only way to house break frenchies.
As for what you should pay, that depends entirely on the breeder as well as the pedigree of the dog.
If it is from champion lines, you can expect to pay thousands. A backyard breeder may sell for under a thousand bucks, but I would be suspicious of anything under $1,000. Frenchies tend to be costly as puppies to purchase, but there are a lot of rescues where you can get one for just an adoption fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment