Friday, July 31, 2009

Guess the breed!! What breed of dogs are these puppies?

Okay, well I got two new puppies. I am trying very hard to figure out what breed these pups are, the guy I got them from told me, but Im not sure if he was right or not. So after I get some responces ill tell you all what. I just want to see what you guys think without having the thought of what they might be affecting your judgment. I posted on another forum, and they all pretty much saying the same thing, so thought id let people guess here and see what they come up with :) Also would you say there littermates, or not?
PS, they may be purebred and they might be mixed.
Pictures:
http://i3.tinypic.com/4mu06fd.jpg...
http://i9.tinypic.com/4u8z1j9.jpg...
http://i10.tinypic.com/4r28zft.jpg...
http://i4.tinypic.com/63b7gc7.jpg...
Answers:
I think they look like staffy x Jack russells.

Whatever they are they are very cute and are lucky to have been rescued, they look to be in great condition for ones that have had such a rough start to life. Congratulations.
I'm not sure on all dog breeds, but I'd say they look like a mix between Jack Russell's and Boxers. (Is that possible?!) They do look like littermates to me as well. The ears, eyes and build do it for me, but hey I could be wrong. First wild guess of the night. how'd I do? lol
The white one looks like a jack russell. The dark one looks like a boxer/ pit bull.
the white one looks like a jack russel
im not sure on the brown one.

but they are very cute!!
Jack Russells! Although the brown one might be mixed with something...like maybe pitbull? They are adorable!
if i had to guess i would say that they are terrior mix or maybe beagle mix. yeah i can see that they may be related mainly in the faces. although the brown one does show some signs of pit but not enough to be possitive
Jack Russell or feist litter mates mixed
The white one looks a lot like a jack russel... and the brown looks like it has boxer in it.
I would say jack russel crossed with fox terior. I think they look the same age, and are probably from the same litter? can I ask why you are doubting the breeder?
One looks like a Jackrussel mix and the other a boxer mix. Litter mates can have different fathers so it is possible for them to be two different breeds. When a female is in heat, she ovulates a few eggs on different days, so she can mate with a jack russel one day, and a boxer another day, and there you have litter mates from different daddies!!!
I don't think that they look like the same breed at all.
What this means is that the owners of the mama are REALLY irresponsible to allow 2 different males to mate with her.
Sheesh - when will people learn to fix their pets or watch them closely! At least you got two cute pups from it!

Oh, by the way, some answeres are saying their faces look the same! NOT!! One has a pointly muzzle while the other has a blunt muzzle. One has a smooth forehead and the other is a tad wrinkly like a boxer. Totally different baby daddies! Or, on the off chance, one just takes after their mom, and the other after their dad.
Who cares! I love them!

) I'll go with the majority, boxer and jack russell)
Aww very cute puppies! YEah i would say def. jack russel for one and boxer for the other color and face look anyways but i doubt it is maybe just the same jack russel or a terrier group. They are very cute though.
I agree - different daddies.

white one is definitely jack russell mix or similar small terrier mix

brown one is anyone's guess. Lots of pups have the wrinkly forehead, but it's very common in boxers and APBTs too. Because of size, I'd also want to mention feists (patterdale terrier).

If you really want to know, have them DNA tested for breed. The test is like $70.
pink collar jack russell or rat terrier but i would lean toward jack russell

blue collar boxer or boxer mix.

you didn't give ages so it's hard to tell if they're littermates or not. not enough info there. but since a litter can have different daddies, yes and no is my answer on that.

they're both cute.

ps. looks like your boxer might need to be dewormed. :)
Very cute - you have your hands full!

I'm guessing the lighter one is a JRT mix and the brown one is a Boxer/terrier mix. I highly doubt they are purebred.
I think they look like half pit bull, or half boxer, with maybe hound or lab in them. Its hard to tell without knowing their age and seeing how big they really are. They are totally cute though
Your white one looks like a Jack Russel mixed with Rat Terrier. The Brown looks like a Pitt or Lab mixed with Boxer. Probably different litters.

Cute dogs, they have shiny coats!!!
I think they look like litter mates. Their both basically the same size/age. It's really hard to tell what breed they are when their puppies - they all look the same to me! But I don't think the white one is a Jack Russel, even though he has the markings, he seems already too big to be one? I once had a whippet some people would swear was a jack russel from photos because of his marking - he was a pure breed! :P

But the only thing that matters is ... their extremely cute! They must be a real handfull - good luck :)
They both look like Jack Russell mixes. Maybe with a Staffy or Pitbull? It's hard to tell - are they related? Anyway, both look adorable - especially the pup in the blue collar ;-)
I agree the white one looks like a jack russel mix, and the brown one looks just like my dog when he was a puppy! My dog is Am Staffordshire/rotti cross. I don't think it looks like a "pit". "Pits" have more white and pink on their faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment