Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Frontline question?

I got frontline from my vet, and we have always lived in an area where fleas and ticks aren't an issue so I've never used it. We are moving and need to start using it.
I know that you apply it to the skin on the back of the neck, but do you apply it all to the neck, or go down the spine as well?
Thanks a lot!
Answers:
Hi,

You just apply Frontline behind the neck on his skin in a spot where your cat/dog will not be able to reach when he licks himself. You don't have to apply it all to the neck.
All at the neck and as close to the skin as possible, let dry nd don't touch until dry
Just put it where they can't lick it like behind the neck right between the shoulder blades. On Big dogs you can put half there and half just above the tail where they can't reach.
One of the vet assistants in Mango told me just to apply it to the back of the neck...The reason for this is ...if you put it any further down the neck or on any other part of the animal, the animal, especially a cat. can lick it off and possibly get ill. It doesn't take but a little bit of it to work...and it works very well.
I apply it between the shoulder blades! Even though I don't have a flea problem I have always used it year round! The ticks are bad already though, so good luck!
Good idea - great med to use. One of my animal was allergic to it and had a really bad sore from it . but you never know until you try- but it should solve the issues with pests.
good luck- And only one spot-not down spine.
You part the hair between the shoulderblades so you can see the skin and apply the whole contents in that one area.

No comments:

Post a Comment