Thursday, July 30, 2009

Golden retrievers?

I've found two golden retrievers at a humane dog society. These dogs really need a home but I'm worried that they might have many health problems when they are older. Should I get these dogs?
Answers:
As with any large breed dogs they all have some type of health problems. You don't say how old these Golden's are but any health problems are out weighed by all the love and loyal years they will give you.
Golden's on the friendliest dogs and very intelligent too. Easy to train and they retain all that they learn. Love the water and to swim. They can also be protective to their family and extremely loyal to them.
Their health problems can be hip dysplasia, and thyroid problems in later years along with arthritis. The tend to have ear infection because of their love for water. All these things can be very easily managed with proper diet and excellent vet care.
I hope I have helped your decision. If I can be of any further help please e-mail me.
Yes, they make great pets! I have two goldens now and have had several before. They are wonderful pets and wouldn't pass on them because of something that might happen in the future. Besides, all breeds have certain health conditions they are susceptible to - goldens are no different.
Absolutely. I have a new puppy and he's great. He has the same health risks as any other dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment