Friday, July 31, 2009

Has anybody ever used Bil Jac dog food?


Answers:
There is a bil-jac plant near my hospital, whenever it rains everything stinks like dog food, but anyway back to the point. I have some clients who use it but with less than stellar results. Now is a tricky time due to all the contaminations but considering it from a health standpoint you will likely feed more food using bil-jac. Federal regulations stipulate how much protien food must contain, however they don't specifiy from where or how digestable it must be. There for cheaper foods use cheaper protien sources thereby requiring the dog to eat more food to get what they need, which they will do. Higher quality foods require smaller amounts of food to be fed.


Good luck
Yes it is a very good food, but should also be mixed with dry food. I use it and my dogs are healthy.
No, I wouldnt waste my money on that.

Invest in a high quality dog food.

Just look at the ingredients in Bil Jac ...

Chicken By Products (Organs Only, Including Chicken Liver), Chicken, Corn, Chicken By-Product Meal, Dried Beet Pulp, Brewers Dried Yeast, Cane Molasses, Egg Product, Salt, Sodium Propionate, (a preservative), DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin, Biotin, Choline Chloride, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Chondroitin Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Manganous Oxide, Inositol, BHA (a preservative), Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Cobalt Carbonate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenite.
I bought some for my corgi some years ago thinking I was getting him a treat. He took one look at it, turned his nose up and walked off.

I was just not that impressed with it myself, for all that it must be refrigerated and all that...
i tried it in a meatloaf once, but it wasn't that good.
yea my dog liked it but it gets bad really quick.and it should be mixed with somthin but it is not a must thing dogs will eat it how ever if they really like it,,

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    We read with interest your blog post regarding dog food and proper nutrition.

    As a member of the Bil-Jac communications team, we recognize that there is a considerale amount of conflicting information on the web regarding proper nutrition. Can I put you in touch with a member of the Bil-Jac animal nutrition team? Dr. Bingham, an animal nutritionist, frequesntly shares science-based information on this topic.

    I'd love to put you in touch with him via phone if possible! Please let me know how I can help. You can reach me via email at BilJac@rmdadvertising.com
    Thanks,
    Angela Vallera

    ReplyDelete