Thursday, July 30, 2009

Good brands of flea bombs or foggers?

I need to kill all the fleas in my carpet right now... can't take any more biting... what's an effective brand of flea bombs or foggers I should use, and will they be effective even if I don't tear out all my carpet? I can't afford new carpet... what the heck kind of solution is that anyway... damn fleas.. damn them all to hell.
Answers:
I have no solution, but man, I am feeling so sorry for you right now!
We have had to use foggers to get rid of fleas before and any of the brand names at the local supermarket will work. There are a few things that you need to make sure you do when you "bomb" the house. If you have a fish tank cover it before you set off the fogger. Turn off your central air conditioning unit and close all closet doors or cover your clothes with a sheet. If you don't your clothing will be covered with the chemical spray. I have forgotten and had to wash my entire wardrobe before. I also cover my furniture with sheets. After you "bomb" make sure you wipe off all kitchen surfaces that will be in contact with food. It's can be a time consuming task, but when it comes to getting rid of fleas it's always worth it.
I have been right where you are!!! 1st syphatrol is the best for killing adult fleas on your pets it is safe for any size and age pet! ...you MUST TREAT YOUR PETS AND HOME AT THE SAME TIME!!! YOU MUST FOG YOUR HOME EVERY 7-10 DAYS UNTIL PROBLEM IS RESOLVED! There is no product that kills the eggs! They will hatch again in 7-10 days. I fogged my house every 7 days for 3 wks. Any cheap fogger will do as long a you use the correct amt for the space being treated. Follow the instructions carefully, they can be dangerous!! I bought mine in generic 3 pks. Yeah, it was a pain but not as painful as all those flea bites I had (they love me!!!). I used syphatrol for intial treatment on pets and then advantage monthly since to prevent any re-infestation. Advantage actually kills fleas when they bite your pet, other products only make flea sterile so they can't reproduce. Do Not waste your money on stuff from regular store, go to your vet or farm supply store (you can get same product cheaper and no office visit). Little trick with my vets approval, I buy the largest dosage available and measure it out myself (if you read the package contains same active ingredient and same %...read the package for your size pet so you know how much to give your pet. I picked up a syringe (no needle) @ the pharamcy for $1. It has measurement guide on the side you will need to give correct amt of meds. I treat 2 dogs %26 2 cats with less than one tube meant for a large dog. When you figure out the math you will be amazed at how affordable prevention is!!! Good Luck and be persistant...and you will get rid of them all! (ps. I did not have a flea problem between foggings as they had not hatched yet. So make sure you do all the follow up so you are not wasting you time %26 money :) .)
i like your avatar

No comments:

Post a Comment