Friday, July 31, 2009

Has anyone actually gotten a puppy from PetFinders? Is it a good place to get one?


Answers:
They have a great reputation for treating the dogs very well. It's a good site to go on if you're looking for a very specific dog, such as a four year old male terrier who can live in an apartment and is good with kids. The more detail you put into the site, the better. I was just browsing the site when I wanted to get a dog because I didn't care the age, breed, or sex, and it was a lot harder to find a match. I didn't end up getting a dog from them for that reason.
I got my my German shepherd mix off petfinder.com. She is the most amazing dog I've ever had. It a great place to look because it is all dogs in local shelters in need of a good home.
Well I know tons of family and friends who found their dogs on Petfinder and I have found great dogs on there. My brother got both his huskies, my sister got her boxer and chow and my other brother found his Shepherd there. It is just an on line resource to locate excellent dogs from dfferent shelters and groups from all over. It is a great way to find a dog.
yes it is a good site to get dogs we got our husky off of there.
They list dogs in local shelters
My list of dogs, would be different than yours
Yes, a shelter is a good place to get a dog
I would Def use petfinder to find a homeless pet. i used petfinder for one of my dogs and both of my cats its a great way to see the animals in all the local shelters around you and to save a life!
I got a 6 week old mixed breed, shipped halfway across the country by an excellent shelter in MS (Corinth-Alcorn Humane Society). He is clean and healthy and has a terrific temperament. I would recommend trying to find a puppy that has not a) been abused or b) gone without food.
my sister did and that dog was a nightmare she got totally duped by the shelter cause he had a laundry list of things wrong with him . she ended up giving him to a rescue and she told the rescue what all was wrong with him and they still manage to place him . I am glad they placed him but she swore to me that she would never get another dog from petfinders . so instead she got one from the pound a little pomerainian and they are happily ever after . I am glad it turned out okay .

No comments:

Post a Comment