Thursday, July 30, 2009

Goodbye puppy?

As somebody already knows, I got an adorable puppy a week ago.
Now the circumstances of me and my boyfriends life changed totally, so we wont be able to be with her during the whole day, so she'll have to be all alone from 6am to 6pm in a flat(and she's only 7 weeks old).
So, against my will, i've decided 2 let her go and give her to a family who already have other dogs and lives in the countryside, and has plenty of time to be with her and give her the attention and love she needs.
Though I know it's definately the best thing for her, it really breaks my heart to let her go as I already feel so attached to her.

Can anybody cheer me up?:-(
Answers:
I know it can't be easy to say good bye to your puppy, but you are doing what is best for her. You found her a good home with a family and other dogs, so she will probably be very happy. Puppies need lots of love and affection so being alone 12 hours is really way to much for a puppy. Just think IF you kept your puppy and it had to be home alone so much how happy would that puppy really be? One day life will settle down for you and you'll know then that that's when it will be a good time to have a love-able pouch. You made a very wise decision on doing what's best for your puppy. You might be sad know but your smart and you'll get through this just fine. Your puppy is very young so she will adjust to a new home easily too!
I wish a puppy too but I can't have one because my parent's house is not good for pets. It has too many expensive stuff..
I'm sorry for you, but at least you have got one and I'm sure that you're still gonna have a puppy. So don't worry!
Bye
Poor you, but you've done the best thing and put your pup first. This is obviously not the right time for you to have a dog but that will change in time and one day you will be the proud mum of an adorable pet.
All together now!

And they called it puppy love
Oh i guess they'll never know
how a young heart really feels
and just why i love her so
and they called it puppy love
just because we're in our teens
tell them all
please tell them it isn't fair
to take away my only dream
i cry each night
my tears for you
my tears are all in vain
i hope and i pray
that maybe someday
you'll be back (you'll be back) in my arms(in my arms)
once again
someone help me
help
think of it as short term if u can, there is light at the end of the tunnel and 1 day you might beable 2 have her back! your not a bad person your doing the best thing, 12 hours alone 4 a dog is 2 long, 12 hours 4 a puppy everyday just cant b done, well done 4 having the sence 2 make the decision
If your parents have a pc you could ask them to take a daily photo when your puppy is playing send it to you so it might be like your with him/her but your not kinda thing
It was right. But actually the puppy was so excited to live with u and she has to re adjust to a new life. u should have thought of this before u bought her
This is the right thing to do, think of yourself as a responsible owner maybe you can visit when you have time.
Do you want to know how to know you have made a good decision? It is when it causes you pain. The reason why is because it usually means you made a selfless decision. I actually, commend you for looking out for the puppy rather than your own heart/emotions. You did the best you could with what life handed you.
I do think it was very unfair of you to get a puppy and then decide that you can't give it what it needs, company. You obviously did not think this through beforehand.

Having said that, the only thing you can do is to part company and give it to a family who can be with it and have plenty of room for exercise.

I had a rescue dog for 5 years until she died last summer. I was seriously thinking about getting a puppy but because I work part-time I did not think it was fair to leave it alone for 4/5 hours every morning, though that would be OK for an adult dog.

I wish people would think with their heads and not their hearts when getting a puppy.
This is why you think through a commitment; although you found a replacement and if people thought about the life of the animal as much as our own, pets would be better off; I raised 2 litters of pups and turned down over 35 people each time, for the reasons that you list; not a stable or predictable environment; and now , 4 years later, I still keep in contact with all the dog owners and my decisions were right; it is the fault of the new owners and the puppy owner to not screen correctly and the puppy suffers; they are not toys and the pounds are full of animals whose owners didn't have a clue and disregard the life of a an animal as a castaway; your heart is breaking for your feelings; if you think about your pup, at least you found a better home for her. In the future , don't commit unless you commit for the life of the animal no matter what you have to sacrifice ; that is a pet owner and many of us are out here. It is called responsibility for pet ownership. It may seem harsh but I have seen dogs given away, abandoned, abused etc all after a pup turns to an adult dog and people change their minds
How sad that you've had to let your puppy go - but I guess you've done the right thing and given her every opportunity to have a happy life with a family who can give her the time, freedom and exercise. Good on you for making the right decision, even though it's a hard one. Do cheer up - one day your circumstances will be right and you'll have a little friend to love and spend time with.
Believe me you have done The right thing or the puppy,it may be good to stay in contact tough(via E-Mail%26 photos) and if the other owners situation changed say you will have her back ,then you are in control of where she is rehomed
At least you have done the right thing for your dog and at least you can still see how he is getting on. But it does annoy me that people don't think these things through, having a dog is like having a child, its a life long responsibility. I doubt people would give there kids up as easily as their pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment