Thursday, July 30, 2009

Going out 2 all doglover do u think that when dogs get run over that people should be arrested ?

when people get hit or run overed that person who did that is arrested dogs should have the same right 2 live. when people see a dog in the rode people don't wait 4 it 2 move!
Answers:
The person who should be arrested is the person who calls himself/herself the owner of the dog. It is he/she who is responsible for keeping their pet safe and out of harms way. Allowing a dog to run at large is what puts him in a position to be hit by a car. This can only be remedied with responsible pet ownership.
J. Smith, Animal Control Officer
it depends if it was a accident then no but if they did it on purpose the hell yeaa!!! they should rot in frekin jail!
if it is totally unavoidable no. if they are just being cruel they can be fined and sometimes serve jail time for animal cruelty..
if it is an accident i don't think they should be arrested but i would hope they stop they get help. the main reason why dog's get hit by cars is thier owners that don't keep thier dog's tied up.
If they did it accidentally, no. If they purposely ran the dog over then there is a possibility that they could go to jail, but they wouldn't go for very long and they'd have to be caught etc. I believe that animal cruelty laws need to be much stronger.
I truly 100000000% think they should get arrested, but if the dog came out of no where.then it can't be helped...that would be the dog's fault
no,because the dog was not on a leash. but i hate it that people dont stop and dont care.
It would depend on the situation but i think the irresponsible owner should be held accountable! If people would take care of their pets and not let them roam around in the streets then there would be less accidents
Well for one thing..it's illegal in many places to have a dog out who is not under control %26 on a leash..when it comes to a choice of hitting an animal or swerving your car %26 possibly hitting another car or person, it's the animal that has to take the hit ..sorry..have a friend who swerved to avoid an animal in the road, rolled her car, killing her friend %26 she's in a wheel chair ... and we are animal lovers with 4 dogs, 3 cats. reptiles %26 a few others...Take Care :)
I totally agree. Although dogs are not human, they are sentient beings who can and do feel pain, suffering, loneliness and mourn their dead. I feel animals should have the same protection that humans have under the law.
I too am a dog lover but no I do not thing people should be arrested if they hit a dog however I do think a fine should be brought upon the dog owner if the dog is not on a leash and also if the dog was out by itself. Why punish a driver for something that can be controlled if only some dog owners were more responsible.
Lots of cities make it a misdemeanor to hit an animal, then leave it, without first trying to find the owner. But personally I think the "owner" should be punished for not keeping their dog confined. Letting your dog run loose, only shows that you aren't very responsible, and probably couldn't care less what happened to it anyway. I LOVE my dogs, and make SURE they are not in harms way at ALL times. There are TOO many dangers to count for poor dogs that are loose. Pet owners should show as much responsibility for their animals, as they would for their child. If they can't take proper care of them, they shouldn't have them.
The owner should be arrested for letting it run free around roads. I like dogs, but I won't risk my family trying to miss one that has wandered onto the road.
I believe all the cities in the area I live have leash laws so owners can be fined if their dogs are running loose, even if they are with the dog. But, what do you do the poor guy that had nothing to do with his dogs being out? It happened to me this morning. The kids next door knocked a board in the fence loose and the dogs went next door and they don't always close their gate. When I got up I noticed that I had one dog, not three. They are good about coming to me, just one whistle and they came running. As far as getting hit by a car, in most cases it is the dogs fault, they don't look both ways. I do agree that the driver should be required to stop and call the police, who will get animal control to try and find the owner. If you don't have a tag on your dog with your phone number, shame on you.
Now, if someone hits a dog on purpose they should be brought before a judge. I don't know the laws everywhere but where I live a dog is considered property. If you could find out who hit your dog you could bring a civil suit against them. Strange laws though, cats are not covered. I guess cats are considered wild beasts that nobody can control.
Yes about 30 years ago I had a dog and one night he went out on the devel stripe to pop and some S.O.B came right up on devl stripe and hit him and kill him my brother went after him but couldn't catch him he was going to have him arrested and I told him that he better bring that S.O.B. back here so I can kick his BLANK BLANK A//////////////////////////
It is the owner of the dogs fault for allowing it in the road to begin with!! People should not own dogs if they let them run loose.
I agree with the majority of the posters here who answered your question: it is the OWNER of the dog, not the person driving the car, who should be arrested, for allowing the dog to run loose in the first place! Most of the time, the driver of the car can do little to avoid hitting an animal; animals tend to dart out in front of cars unexpectedly, and often, the driver is faced with a choice of either hitting the animal, or swerving and hitting another car. I don't care how much I love animals, I will NOT put myself or other people's lives in danger to avoid hitting a dog on the highway! When I was a child, and my parents would not let me keep my dogs in fences because they'd grown up in a time when it was OK to let dogs "run free", my dogs would be hit and killed on the highway. I thought it was horrible and blamed the drivers of the cars. Now, as an adult, and a car driver as well as dog owner, I know that the safety of people on the road has to come first. I will not value the dog above other humans, myself included. I certainly do not want some idiot hitting ME while I'm driving, because they tried to avoid a dog or a possum or whatever! In my homestate, animal owners can not only be charged a fine by the state if their animal causes an accident on the highway, but can be made to pay the medical expenses of the people involved in the accident, including pain and suffering, and pay for the damage to their cars. That can add up to a whole lot of money, much, much more than the cost of a leash, or even a kennel run for a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment