Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Funny dog stories?


Answers:
Our oldest APBT, Brooklyn (1 year old, male) will try to hide under the bed.. he will run in our bedroom and get under the bed but, he can never seem to get all the way under! lol.. he always leaves his butt sticking out from under the bed! Its like he thinks because he cant see us, we cant see him! lol!... and, when both of our dogs are playing together our youngest APBT, Destiny (4 month old, female) will get up on the sofa and just stare a Brooklyn! She wont move untill he looks away and as soon as he looks away she jump at his head! lol!

Thats about all I can think of that I can explain and people will get what I am talking about! They do funny stuff all the time but its stuff that you really have to be there to see.. ya know? lol.. : )

Oh.. and most people either know from experiance or have atleast heard that bully or bull dog type breeds have really bad gas.. lol.. well, Brooklyn and Destiny will sit next to me (like they are right now) while I am on the computer and they will just look out the window.. Every now and then one of them will fart and it scares both of them everytime! They jump up and look around, and Brooklyn will even run to the front door and start barking sometimes like someone is at the door! lmao! : )
I have a 7 month old, 110 lb bull mastiiff when he goes up the stairs he is fine and quiet, but when he comes down the stairs he growls and barks. its so funny to watch.
If you want a funny dog story, read Dogs In Elk.

(Loki, if you see this and haven't read it, READ IT. But don't drink any beverages while you do - you'll choke! LOL)

http://www.dogchurch.org/restroom/elk.ht...
I run a dog rescue and about a year ago the boss lady changed to diamond pet food.After about a week of feeding this food to the 40-50 dogs, suddenly..you guessed it..40-50 dog farts!They would find me in the kitchen on the puter and climb under the table and fart.It stunk like a polish cookoff and nowhere in the ingredients did I see a single listing for cabbage.
When my mini pom was a baby, he always tried to get in plastic bags. We kept the bags tied, because we didn't want him to get hurt. Well, we had a huge trash bag on the floor, all tied up, and somehow, Georgie managed to get in it. My mom couldnt get him out, because she couldn't find the hole where he had gotten in. We had to rip the bag open.
I use to have a black lab mix and every time she would get off her chain she would find a way into our car. One time we left to visit family and she rode in the back for over an hour without us knowing until she poked her head up and started panting in my ear. Scared me silly
the funniest thing my dog ever did started this way..my husband, for some crack-head reason thought it would be a good idea to teach the dogs to get into the car through the open window. he would go out and open the car windows and then come back to the house and tell the dogs to get in the car. both dogs would take off at top speed and sail through the window and then sit in the back. this worked out well for a while until the day we went fishing. we had driven my husbands pick-up truck, it was pretty big, i'm 5'10" and had trouble getting up into that thing. anyway, on the way back from the lake my boy took off at top speed towards the truck. it was one of those slow motion things, you know where you feel like you have all the time in the world to stop it but it really happened in seconds? anyway, sparky ran and then jumped into the air. honestly, it was the most perfect jump i had ever seen, all four legs extended perfectly, his ears flapping in the wind, dog just flying through the air. however, the window of the truck was closed. you know on those old roadrunner cartoons when the coyote hits the cliff and folds up like an accordian? that's what he looked like when he hit the window. he just crumpled into himself and then slid down the side of the truck until he hit the ground. and in all that time i had finally managed to form the word "no". it seemed to take forever, but if that's the only word i could get out it really only took a split second. anyway, the rest of the day poor sparky seemed to have a whopping headache. also, while all this was happening the other dog just casually sat down to watch the show. needless to say, my husband quit the "get in the car" thing!
To go along with the hiding under the bed thing. My beagle does that but she can fit and will just peek the tip of her nose out until my pug runs in the room and than she will pounce. My poor pug LITERALLY falls over from fright every time and than runs to me and climbs up on my shoulder and stays there for like 5 minutes and they will do it all over again. That is why his nickname is Polly (although he never eats crackers)
His real name is Wimpers (fits huh)
My dogs have a wireless electric fence, and when they are wearing their collars and get close to the edge of their accepted range, the collars beep as a warning.

My hair straightener, when turned on, has the same tone of beep. When I just go into the bathroom now, one dog will go under the bed and the other one will literally sit on my mom's head and tremble. It's so sad but it's kinda cute at the same time.
I have a 4 month old mini doxie. She's recently learned how to sit and shake hands. What's funny is in the morning when I feed her, I make her sit and shake before giving her the food. Before I even say anything, she's sitting with her paw up ready for a shake but her tail is wagging so fast out of excitement for her food that she can hardly keep her balance. It is too funny and cute. You really have to see it to get the full affect.
We had a belgian schipperke when I was a kid. My sister was getting married. IT was the wedding day and we were all running around like crazy trying to get ready. since we lived in the country it was at least 8 miles one way to go pick anything up or get hair done but somehow we managed to get all that done. The hair was finished, the cake picked up and sitting in the back of the family station wagon waiting for us to go drop it off at the reception hall on the way to the wedding. But someone forgot to close the back gate and somehow that little dog got up in that car and had himself a pigout on wedding cake! Luckily he concentrated on one corner and didn't knock it down, so my sister spred the frosting around a bit more and camoflaged the damage. When they cut the cake, they cut a big swath AROUND that corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment