Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Garlic? Is it good or bad?

I've heard both sides of the story - and in fact, my dog food contains Garlic - so why would it be bad?

What is your opinion?
Answers:
As a dog trainer, I can tell you that we used garlic to control fleas..

Fleas do not like garlic.
Just put a little piece, chopped up, in their food every day and spoof, no more fleas..

To make their hair shiny, add a raw egg to their food about once per week.

Arf Arf Arf.

Have a good day.
If its in the food...ok..

But i wouldn't give it to them fresh..
Just my opinion...idk
Large doses of dog food can be toxic, or so I've heard.
garlic supposedly helps gets rid of worms.?
BAD - its more toxic than chocolate to dogs.. Don't give it to them.
Small amounts are fine and keep fleas away, it also adds flavor - That's why most dog foods contain it.

Large amounts give them nasty gas.
http://thegarlicstore.com/index.cgi/pets...

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?...

http://www.sojos.com/garlicarticle.html...

I would say moderation is the key.
What is the difference between something being 'in' the food and being an ingredient?

The fact of the matter is, garlic CAN be toxic in certain amounts, as can onions. Obviously pretty much anything can be toxic in the right amounts, but garlic can be toxic in realistic amounts. This is a fact, not my opinion.

Given this fact, my opinion would be that any dogfood that contains garlic is not of the greatest quality.

Chalice
i hate it

No comments:

Post a Comment