Monday, May 24, 2010

Help me i'm worried whao can i do?

well i'm going to get a chihuahua she will be cream but i'm worried she mite get sun burn can she ? if so what do I do to stop that form haperning.

sorry about the spelling but i'm french, i use english yahoo coz the answers are better.
Answers:
Ears and noses on light colored dogs do indeed get sunburned. Use sunscreen and avoid having dog out in hottest times of the day.
ASK YOUR VET!
Get a real dog from a rescue centre.
I see people are not being helpful, let me help you out.
Haven't found anything about cream colorings leading to any sunburn, I highly doubt it as that generally goes along with a white coat, and the parts that burn would be the tips of the ears and the nose.
I don't think you have much to worry about.
if your chihuahua is a long hair kind, there shouldn't be much to worry about. heatstroke is more of a problem. for shorthairs, apply sunblock on areas where there are no skin. eg. nose. the color doesn't have much to do with sunburn. anyway, sunburn is not a really a big problem in chihuahua, more in chinese crested.
I don't think a dog will get sunburn as much as the dog would have a heart stroke. The best thing you can do about that is not let your puppy out to long in the sun. You need to have a shaded area for your dog at all times. Dogs can get heat strokes and sun strokes with to much sun or hot weather. This is when your judgment should kick in.
any breed will turn darker when they have reached the age. i say after 8 months. they are going to change no matter what. no need to worry about it. they all will grow beautiful if we give lots of love.
I know that with white and light colored cats there have been reports of increased rates of skin cancer around the nose and ears. I guess the best idea would be to keep her away from the sun at the hottest part of the day. I have used sun screen on my cat's ears, but not on his nose. I don't want to make him sick. So I close the curtain at the sunny windows and let him sit at the windows in the shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment