Monday, May 24, 2010

Help from pets?

how can I teach a dog to roll?
Answers:
you have to teach the lie down command first. Then get a treat and as you say roll..have the treat close to the nose and bring it around so the dog will follow it and "roll" with it. Continue this many times until the dog learns to roll by command only. Give the treat as the roll is completed each time. Good Luck!!
go to a dog school
I first taught mine to lay down. Then, bribing him with chicken jerky, rolled him myself while telling him what he's doing. After a few sessions of that, he figured out when I said down, then roll over, he'd get a piece of jerky. It's pretty simple really, it just takes some patience %26 practice. Just like any kind of training like sit, stay, come, speak etc.
its nice question u try this site its very useful information u
Ditto to the other suggestions about teaching him to lie down first and holding a yummy treat above his nose while bringing it all the way over. I did this and taught my dog in minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment