Friday, May 21, 2010

Have you ever adopted an animial that could have been killed?


Answers:
I use to adopt caterpillars all the time as a kid. Damn things never did turn into butterflies.
I pull them out from under the needle all the time. There are tons out there that I have adopted to people that were on death row.
yes i have had three and think GOD every day for each of them.
that's three lives i have saved.
Yes I picked a baby cat off of a highway, that was inches from death. I still have him, that was 8 years ago, and then my son found a starving cat in our parking lot, that was 3 years ago
Yes, both my cat and dog. I also helped rescue several that were going to be euthanized and found good homes for them.
yes my puppy Zeus and his brothers and sisters were adopted from a kill shelter in Georgia. We adopted him from the woman who adopted all of them so in a way we did
All our pets came from the Animal Shelter. Right now we have three dogs.
I did; I adopted a ten-year-old German Shepherd/Akita mix named Shadow when her previous owners were moving and couldn't take her with them. They were considering euthanizing her, but my companion and I adopted her. It was a very happy year for her, but unfortunately we had to euthanize her anyway because she became terminally ill. I miss her so.
It the only way for myself.
Also, from time to time I "Foster Parent" an animal until a home is found.
Take pictures and write short descriptions for my local Humane Shelter for their Web-Site.
two of my cats were adopted from shelters. :)
No, but we have rescued several that would have died if left in the situation they were in.
Yup. My Golden Retriever, Bob Roberts Society Dog, was already a 2 time loser at Animal Control. 3 strikes, yer out!
all three of the dogs i've owned have all been saved from the local shelter
Several times. My dogs always came from a shelter.
All four of my pets (one dog, three cats) I adopted from a shelter. Two certainly would not have been euthanized - someone would have adopted them if I hadn't. One had been in the shelter for a month (a long time for this shelter) and I was afraid he would end up being put to sleep and loved him too much for that to happen. My fourth was slated to be euthanized because he was deformed and there was concern he would have lifelong health issues. Oddly enough, he turned out to be the healthiest of my three cats!
yep 6 so far

first one was abandoned on the beach in Guam
second, third and fourth were being underfed and were very ill at the ''dog store'' they were being sold at
fifth was rescued same story but from a family who would have had to put him down
sixth was at a different dog store, skin and bones

now they are all healthy and we love them more than anything in the world
Oh my yes. My Foxhound "Gary" continued to run away from a fancy country club's pack, and they were tired of his foolishness. I took him when he was 7 months old because they were going to shoot him. He is snoozing beside me on the couch right now and it is 7 years later.

mastiffs360.com

No comments:

Post a Comment