Friday, May 21, 2010

Have any of you ever had the "the almost indistructible ball" by PetSmart?

Did your dog(s) actually play with it? Is it good with horses? How long did it last? Do you think it would be good for kids to play with(so it won't pop it it lands on something pokey)? Thanks in advance!
Answers:
I actually bought that for my two shepherds to play with since they pop every other ball they have in about 5 minutes of playing with it. So far (and I've had it about a month) they haven't been able to snap it with all their playing. I'm actually shocked that it hasn't broken yet. I'm sure some dogs who are intent on "killing" a toy might be able to break it, but if you are using it for playing and the fact that your dogs jaws break lots of other toys then I think its a great toy.
NO it sounds like it would break after MY dog played with it.
It is destructible. I got one for my friends Jack Russell terrier. It lived all of 3 days. The dog annihilated it.
you shop for your kids toys on petsmart!!! lol
my pitt/husky mix destroys all her toys if you find one that really works please let me know!!!
hmmm no...I never heard of it. My jack russell has just about every other ball from PetSmart though--she's obsessed.

I was looking on the PetSmart, people gave reviews for the ball.and they said it was sooo hard that their dogs didnt want to play with it and couldnt even pick it up.

I don't know how great it would be for kids, I would look for a softer rubber ball.
I haven't had this exact item- but if you (or the above poster) are looking for a truly almost indistructable ball, I would strongly suggest investing in a jolly ball. They were originally horse toys, and I had them for my horses for years; now I have two horse sized ones in my back yard for my rott and my great dane. They will stay inflated even if punctured, and come in a variety of sizes. As they are made of a softer material, a determined chewer can get them apart, but they are extremely durable and should last you several months if you monitor your dogs play time.

You will find the greatest variety of sizes by searching the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment