Friday, May 21, 2010

Help ...dog owners !?

omg ...my dog just ate my birth control pill.. it fell out of my pack, and onto the floor. one of the white active tablets. and before i could pick it up he ate it. it is kariva or mircette not generic. he is a big german shepherd dog and is male. will he be okay? should i take him to a vet now?
Answers:
Your dog will be fine. Read this:
http://www.aspca.org/site/docserver/vett...

Helps if you [Control F] and search "birth control"
Maybe a blood clot, but other than that he can handle it,
no it will be fine,nothing to worry about at all
Take him to the vet immediatly, he might get sick or die if he consumes anything thats not made for him!
If you are worried, I would call a vet or animal clinic to get their opinion. Why take him in if he doesnt need it. Just call and ask the question to them.
no...he should be Ok...if it makes him sick, let him throw up...otherwise if nothing happens it should be Ok...call a vet...but I'm sure -1- pill isn't going to do anything...(dogs can eat aspirin with no ill effects and human birthcontrol isn't made for animals, so it shouldn't affect him in any way...)
Honestly... I think that he will be fine. especially for such a large dog ( i own one myself) , but i think that i would take him to the vet just to be Xtra sure!!!
I would phone the vet just to make sure! There might be something you need to give him...the vet should be able to tell you over the phone and watch him carefully for an odd signs.

Good Luck ...hope he is ok
Believe or not that is more common than you think! Some dogs comsume whole packs and are fine. Call the vet to be sure since all pills have slightly different ingredients but he will most likely be ok.
Your dog will be fine, don't worry. It is just female hormones, not a manufactured medicine and it is in such a tiny amount so even if he was a chihuahua, he'd be fine. No worries.
My german shepherd eats everything in sight too. You drop it, its gone. When I am worried about anything I call the vet and ask them their opinion. Can't afford to take her in everytime she swollows something. If he advises that I bring her in, I would, but normally he just says "watch her"
well, his eyes could turn yellow, nipples may swell, other side effects are stoke or heart attack, smokers are more likely to experience these effects. lets hope your dog doesnt smoke! i think he will be fine. if your really worried you should feed him pepto bismo, it will make him vomit the pill right up.
I would phone the vet and ask them about it. and you can get pills that make your dog throw up(if he eats alot of what hes not supposed to ). I would watch over him carefully for a few days.
I think he will be fine, so long as he doesn't get into any more pills one shouldn't harm him. You might still want to ask the vet for your tranquility.
pl take your dog to his vet and make sure that nothing bad has happened,,, in my opinion nothing will happen to your dog but dont ever take a chance by that till you go to a vet and get it clarified,, he will be just fine but to clear your bad implications and finding i suggest you to go to a vet immediately..
It's likely he'll be fine.. Could call poison control and see what they say about it...
My dog swollowed some pills b4. The vet gave it some Peroxide and it made him throw up.. The pills came up and all. She didn't give him but a teaspoon.
Your dog should be fine.

My dad had a dog when he was a kid that ate one of my grandpa's diet pills. It made the dog run around the house like it was on crack. My dad said that all he could see was a blur of fur. Then, the dog stopped running full stop and barked then fell over and died.

Good luck with your dog!
It should be fine but to ease your worries call the emergency animal hospital and talk to someone.
Honestly I think he will be fine... my dog (labrador) once ate an Advil... I took him to the vet to make sure he was ok and he was... so take my advice... just bring him to the vet JUST IN CASE! :P hope all is well

No comments:

Post a Comment