Monday, May 24, 2010

Help Figuring a breed?

i am reposting this question because i got some really rude answers and if u r going to say something rude please save everyone the trouble and dont say anything

here is a picture of my dog any thoughts on what breed he could be besides border collie i already know that is what his mother is. and he is a mixed breed

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z242/...

and his mother was a purebred border collie and here is his story of how i got him

http://www.sugarloot.com/photoentry/5119...
Answers:
I think you have one of the sweetest stories of finding a pet. You sound like a lovely young lady and the perfect dog mommy! I am so sorry you and Sammy didn't win the contest, you surely should have! As far as what bred Sammy may be mixed with, he looks a little like a beagle to me with his white tipped tail, a breed characteristic with beagles. He also may be part boxer, I had a boxer mix who had a similar build and his tail was slender and curled over like Sammy's. I hope that helps a little, but you know it makes no difference what kind of dog Sammy is as long as he loves you and you love and care for him. You did a wonderful thing rescuing an animal who needed you rather than taking an animal who certinally found a home much more easily than Sammy would have. Good Job!!
Possibly Bull Terrier...thats my guess.
He would be a cross between border collie and a cute as hell
Cute dog. I'd say Border Collie/Lab or Border Collie/Pitbull. The floppy ears are definatly BC, but the tail resembles a lab. Pit bull shaped head though. My best guess is the lab/bc since labs are the most common mix- and plently of un-neutered ones around spreading their seeds.
Maybe a Basenji...i can definitely see the Border Collie but the father may have been a mix breed too so there is really no telling but I'll attach a link to show you what a Basenji looks like I hope that it helps. Sorry for the rudeness of the other people.
He looks like he has some terrier in him. I agree with others that think part pit. At least he looks like he has some sort of short haired terrier in him.
He very well could be close to a pure-bred smooth coated Border Collie. Not all Border Collies have the fluffy coats, and the smooth coats look almost exactly like this one. Did you see the mother? Because if you did and she looked like this, he may not be a mix, or at least just a little of another breed mixed in.
If he is a mix, it may be part pit-bull or bull terrier. The mouth is the only thing that doesn't look purebred to me and it looks like a bull terrier.

Edit:
Okay after you posted a picture of the snout, I am almost POSITIVE he is a smooth coated Border Collie.
I don't think your dog is a mutt!! Good buy, sweetie!
And what a lucky dog to have you. I agree with you that sometimes the ugliest dogs on the outside are the best all around dogs!!
English Springer Spaniel
Looks to me like he has some beagle or hound in him. I have beagles and he is taller then them but his looks are a lot like theirs.
either a terrier or a husky. if ur willing the vet should b able to see the other breed. whatever be the case he is a very cute dog and your one good person to help him like u did. keep up the good work.
I would definately say a little lab or pit bull in him...or possibly both.father could be a mutt himself.
I'd say lab mix
well if you know the mom is a border collie,, what kinds of dogs live near the irresponsible owner of the border collie?? most likely a mixed breed father,,, also,, many border collies have short hair like this.. ugly

No comments:

Post a Comment