Friday, May 21, 2010

Have you hugged your dog today...?

And told him / her that you love them?
Answers:
YES...I hug them every day, and they always come back for more. Then I hold their face in my hands and tell them I love them, and I KNOW they understand me from their expression and response. And to the people who think dogs don't understand..Then why do they respond to commands if they are trained??? Mine VERY appropriately respond to my words such as...Here comes the bus (then it's playtime with their brother), let's go night night, load up (getting in the car), daddy's on his way (they go sit on the couch and watch out the window). I LOVE my dogs, and don't care what anybody thinks or says about showing my affection for them.

P.S. My dogs don't care what others think either!! LOL
i used to everyday but now my dogs are gone and i cant hug them but i miss that soooo much i loved and still love my dogs!!!
I'm hugging her right now. And she's smiling!
And I kissed them on the nose told them mommy had to go make donuts and to be good babies today. I have one I hate to leave. He just looks sad when I leave but the others just look at me like can we go.
Yep and just got home from our walk too!
All the time! I even kiss them on their forehead and give them a tummy tickle!
Yes. Since about 3am. Everyone had to keep going out all night.
And you got to be a top contributor ... how?

1) Dogs are intimidated by human hugs and are likely to interpret this kind of physical approach as a threat;

2) Do you really think they can understand English?

Take your dog for a good long walk and let it sniff around the trees. That's far more effective and kind to the dog than treating it like a baby.
yes and he sleeps with us and he just got him from the vet from bum problems so hes on drugs now and thats it i think
I dont have a dog!
I don't have a dog :(
Yes, it's non optional, my dog comes for her hugs.
I always did when my great dane was around, she passed away 4 years ago, these arms feel so empty now, I miss her so much. Loved her more than anyone and anything else in my life.
No not till I get home from work
yep - as soon as I got up. They are always so happy to see me in the mornings. (Of course they are really happy because they know I am taking them outside :-) )
yup yup!!! hugged both of them and told them i loved them. hugged my cats and told them i loved them,too!! to all those who have lost their fur babies, i am *so* sorry. just remember, they're waiting for you just across the Rainbow Bridge, in perfect health,and pain free for all eternity. Goodbye is *not* forever!!
Yes-everyday. Last night I gave them a bath, clipped their nails, and brushed their teeth.
yep, bright and early this morning, our baby is coming today, he knows something's happening.
well im at work right now i get off at 7 and everytime i get home i tell my little fluffy one mommy is home i hug her i kiss her, tickle her tummy hug her some more and we go out for our walk... she does understands early because everytime i tell her something she does it, for ex. i tell her is nigh night time and she lays in bed closes her eyes and goes to sleep.. i love my fluffy britney
I hug mine everyday!!!
I have a pomeranian and a papillon. I am always giving them attention
Of coarse I have. I'm awake aren't I?...LOL

Also agree with you response to Cricket.
My Yorkie loves to get hugs and of coarse they understand english {sort of}.
Yeah, uhh... I have a great dane and i can't cause she has this really weired red dime size circles on her stomach. im trying to find out what it is first before i touch her again.
I took her for two walks today and gave her a new chew toy ... much more important than whispering sweet "nothings" into her uncomprehending ear. Anyone who says otherwise has you sussed and is just after 10 points!
my dogs love hugs, they even give me a big smile afterwords. and yeah they understand our language
Ignore Cricket... who obviously doesn't know enough about dogs and likes to attack people who disagree with his opinions. He even gave a thumbs-down to everyone who posted before him who said they hug their dogs.

Actually, I don't hug so much as pet. I give my dogs ear scratches and rump scratches. They come and ask for them, presenting their rump which they cannot reach for me to scratch and rub.

And, YES, DOGS DO UNDERSTAND ENGLISH. While their vocabulary is limited compared to mine, when I say "pickup" or "car" in the middle of a sentence they head straight for the vehicle as they want to be taken for a ride. When my husband is returning home, I tell the dogs "Daddy's coming home" and they jump around excitedly and go on watch looking for his vehicle.

My dogs ALSO love to walk with me because I wait when we reach any place where they want to sniff. That IS another GREAT source of joy for them.

So, while I don't often do a hug exactly, I do give a lot of petting and scratching and my dogs get a great big grin on their faces when I do.
Sure have!

I hug him and tell him i love him many many times a day!

I also give him little kisses on his nose...

and i know he is not threatend by it coz he gives me kisses back. and jumps into my lap for hugs... (which is hard coz he is a Husky)

Cricket do you own a dog? if you do maybe you should go and hug it!
My dog hugs me constantly all day. It's very annoying but cute at the same time.
My dog understand me. I kissed him on the head before I went to work today... and he gave me sad puppy eyes and then happily crawled back into be with my fiance who is on night shift this week.

12 old Jack Russel
,I hug my 2 dogs everyday.. %26 they get a kiss too
I talk to them just like I would talk to a human being,,but I like having conversations with them better... before I leave for work evey day I tell them %26 my cats too that I love them ..

hey their my kids... if people think I;m crazy that is so their problem Here's to our PETS ..... cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment