Sunday, August 2, 2009

Havanese dogs?

I took the test on animal planet and Havanese was my top resualt. I think I'm gonna ask my mom if I can get one in a year or so, after I save up enough money. Do you think these are a good breed for us?

Needs to be good with kids, other pets, and strangers.

Best if it was small.

Best if it was playful.

Needs to be easy to train.

Any sites would be GREAT and I'm also looking for a good, not to expensive breeder. I E-mailed some one, but I don't know about them, I read the site, but it didn't see much about what they do. I also found very good looking site, but with the shipping the pup would be 2k.
Answers:
A Bichon also fits all those guidelines and would probably be easier to obtain and quite a bit less $$.
You might try looking on petfinder or for breed-specific rescues, the dogs are UTD on shots, altered, evaluated as to temperament, and often housebroken and crate trained as well as usually being substantially cheaper than going out and getting a puppy.
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/az181.
Your looking at a fairly rare breed of dog so expect a big rare price tag. I've met a few and they are ok dog in my opinion. but you could get just as nice a dog it you got a Maltese or a shih tzu. The breed isn't really all that well developed yet and there are vast differences in dogs from the same litter. You can get puppies that mature from 8 to 16 pounds so its hard to pick out a dog that's the size you want. Their hair is super grooming intensive. So either expect to learn about daily grooming or you'll end up with a shaved dog most of the time. Temperament is still a little sketchie, some are sweet and some are freaks.
Why not check through the PetFinder listing and give an unlucky dog a new loving home before you drop a wad of money on something that going to continue costing you hundreds of dollars each year. They need to be groomed about every 6 to 8 weeks and that can run from $30 to $50 a trip.
Plus beware of website, they only tell you about the good thing to sell their dog you have to dig around for the breeds problems and most breeders won't admit them right up front. There is some genetic disease in this breed but i can't remember what it was right this minute.
Good luck finding a great dog.
Havanese Club of America..(.breeder, owner, shows dogs)
Look this site up might help
They are small dogs, show dogs....There are different kinds 2 i think.
Havanese make great pets.They are good with people and other pets,their playful, and easy to train,they are very loyal dogs .If i were you i would buy a book about Havanese dogs. I myself own a 4 month old male havanese and he's great. some may be more playfull than others or lazier than other's. You might also want to consider a miniature poodle also. I have on that is 2 years old and he's great also...he's a mama's boy though.
Hi we run the allbichons site
www.eurobichons.com

its all about bichons breeds such as the Havanese, Bolognese, Maltese, Lowchen, Coton De Tuloear and Bichon Frise.
What I suggest is that you join the site its all free and then ask as many owners on site what its like owning the different breeds.
I own Frise, Havanese, Maltese, Bolognese and trust me they are all different.

www.eurobichons.com

No comments:

Post a Comment