Sunday, August 2, 2009

Has anyone tried cesar millans training methods , i think hes the best , he makes it look so easy , does?

anyone else agree
Answers:
Wake up. He's nothing special. Very basic training techniques that have been used for years. He just marketed it for suckers to give him money for their own stupidity.
Yes he does
and in most cases it WORKS!!
Yes! I love him. Even though it indicates on his shows not to try the techniques, I couldn't help it one day. My Pom barks a lot and gets excited when we go out and come back in from going potty, it was irritating that crap out of me so one evening she ran in, barking and I turned around, firmly held my finger up and said "shhhh!" She stopped in her tracks and finally shut up, now she isn't as yappy.
Yea, I have a Westie that doesn't like being brushed...i tried his method and worked like a charm!
now he just sits there and stares forward he is a clean brushed puppy now
:]
Yeah Right!
Martha Stewart does all her own cooking too.
The Tooth FAIRY Is REAL!
Milan is getting sued for dog abuse. Most of his "techniques" are a great way to get nailed, especially if you have a dog over 50# Turn the TV off and get some fresh air!
Nope.
From what I've seen he's not quite the dog training genius he's toted as. He show basic methods well known and used by other trainers. what he IS is a marketing genius who can tote the ideas so people actually try them -- which can be a good thing - unless people think they can acheive instant sucess in the real world without the use of camera editing.
I think his methods are good, but remember, you're only seeing portions of the training methods. My biggest problem with his show is that some of his techniques for correcting aggressive/dominant dogs will work fine for a new person (i.e. someone that the dog doesn't know or have a relationship with) but if the owner tries (and has been unknowingly allowing the dog to dominate them) they might get bitten. This is why at the beginning of every show it advises to seek a profession trainer's help BEFORE attempting any of the training techniques. Also, in my experience most people are not good at determining if a dog's reaction is dominate, aggressive, fear related, etc. Having a professional make sure that you are responding appropriately to each reaction is ALWAYS a good idea.
Cesar is cute, entertaining and has a nice accent. His training is nothing more than common sense training. Some times I think he is a bit harsh but he gets everyone's attention, including the dog...
Listen to JR. He is 100% right.
He is great! However, he leaves out the more aggressive measures that he admits are required at times. I wish he would speak more on irascible dogs! Because there are many! And people need help to address those animals issues. Many people feel they are failing when methods that are recommended to use are not having desired effects of their animal. They hear all kinds of accusations when formal discipline is mentioned,so they are at a loss. It must be remembered that a brute receives a brutes reward in animal lives as well as human. Commitment to the pets well being and the ability to train (or have trained professionally) the animal to live in human society without being a menace to humans or other dogs is the responsibility of every dog owner. All things considered he is the greatest trainer I have ever seen!
Someone said he is the greatest trainer. Gosh, there must be a dire shortage of good trainers in that area! I wouldn't touch his methods with a barge pole. He never thinks his methods through. The mental welfare (and sometimes physical) of the dog he is dealing with doesn't seem to bother him. His methods are uncouth at best, and cruel at worst. It is easy to be dominant. It is far, far harder to sit down and work out **why** your dog is doing what it's doing, and then to work out what you do about it. I have trained some pretty aggressive dogs for some people. (I never touch them myself.) I explain to the owners what their dog is doing and why it is doing it. Same with dogs that are food possessive, barkers, etc. Then I go through a training plan...which may change slightly depending on how things are going. But I have few failures. My methods are based on positive methods only. So the dogs end up well adjusted dogs. If you look at Cesar's own dogs, they don't even interact with each other, which is totally unnatural. I don't like him, and I don't like his methods.
I love him and give him tons of credit for helping so many dogs. I think his center is the best , most of those dogs would have been destroyed if it were not for him. His methods do work and I have learned so much from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment