Sunday, August 2, 2009

Has anyone had to ship a dog?

I am flying from the West Coast to the East coast in two weeks and our airline doesn't take animals.can you recommend a good pet transporter?
Thank you so much!
Answers:
Call Delta Pets. The number is on their web site. There are rules that need to be followed. You will have to have a health certificate with in 10 days of the flight. You will have to have an airline approved kennel. The weather has cooperate. There are certain temps they will not fly pets in.
I read on this website that people have had nothing but problems with Delta. I'd recomend Continental.
I've flown dogs all over the US. I prefer Delta. Give them a call. Usually the dog needs a cerificate of health from the vet, an airline crate, and up on all it's shots. The cargo hold is pressurized, heated and cooled. They will not ship dogs when the temp is over 80 degrees because the dogs have to wait out on the tarmac. If you were looking at a car/truck shipper; I wouldn't recommend any of them. Flying roughly takes 5 hours. Land a couple days.
I just got my puppy shipped to me through AA cargo...seems pretty convenience...but yeah the breeder says the dog has to ship in the morning before it reaches 85F or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment