Sunday, August 2, 2009

Has anyone had a dog that had more than one seizure, then never had them again?

My dog had his first seizure about 3 weeks ago. He is 6 years old. He did not have another one until today. Is there a chance that he may not be epileptic, and these were just an oddity?
Answers:
my dog had 2 seizures, and the vet checked him out..and apparently nothing was wrong with him. He had them months apart...it was very strange...


i would go to the vet to get it checked out.

good luck. hope your doggie is ok!
Does your dog live alone (no other pets in the home) My 6 year old started having seizures ALL the time and he came from the pound so we thought he was going to die. He then started to act paralyzed. Then shortly after we were forced to take in a dog and once they became friends my dog stopped completely from the above conditions.he is over 15 and hasn't had one since.you might want to check with a vet still.hope this helps!
My cat has had seizures in the past. It does not happen often. I took her to the vet and they told me that she was epileptic. They have medication for this. I wouldn't consider getting the medication until you really think he needs it. He should be ok, just make sure you always keep a close eye on him.
my boxer has had 2 seizures months apart and i dont know why, he would just get stiff legged and fall over and about 15 seconds later he would get up a little groggy and be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment