Sunday, August 2, 2009

Has anyone had good luck with the Chow Chow?

Has anyone ever had a Chow Chow that was raised from a puppy that was passive, good with kids and other dogs. I know the whole 'train them from puppies and all' but has anyone ever had an experiance where the Chow was non aggressive and got along well with the whole family?
Answers:
To be honest, I have never met a pure bred chow that was passive or great with kids. I have seen mixes that were great and I know that there are people who claim that their chows are awesome, I have just never met one that I particularly like. We do not allow chows in our rescue nor our training programs as most of our employees have never had a good experience with them.
I'm not saying that they are terrible dogs, so chow lovers don't get angry. It's just that like I said, I've always had negative experiences with them.
We have a chow mix and hes one of the best dogs we have had. He has not been fixed. He is very friendly, great with children and other dogs. He hardly ever barks and you can feed him right out of your hand and he wont bite your fingers to get at the food. Personally I would get another chow when the opportunity is right.
I met 2 Chow Chow pups this weekend, the first I had ever seen, and they were gorgeous. Friendly, furry, quiet. I was very impressed. Lot of work though, with that coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment