Sunday, August 2, 2009

Has anyone tried Zodiac Flea and Tick medication for dogs?

Do it work as good as Advantix or Frontline or better? Is there anything better than those 2?
Answers:
Noooo, not the Zodiac!

Seriously, you will always get plenty of individuals reporting that Zodiac works fine for their pet - of course it must work sometimes, or it wouldn't last in the market!

If you want a wider perspective, I've seen too many animals come in with reactions (or dead) from use of petshop spot-ons. From what I've heard about Zodic, it's right down there with Bob Martin flea treatment (my arch enemy since the last cat death I witnessed as a result of use of this crap).

Stick with veterinary products. Frontline, Advantage and Revolution ARE the best - that's why they're more expensive! They are also safe too. I've searched but never found news of one single death from Frontline or Revolution. A couple for K9 Advantix, but you'll hear lots of news about deaths from use of Zodiac - here's one!
http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/av...
Also check out this website with reviews for Zodiac on it:
http://www0.epinions.com/pets-dogs-pest_...

I think you get the idea! Don't risk it with Zodiac when Frontline is known to be so much safer

Chalice
The Zodiac does NOT work as well. I tend to think Frontline Plus works really good. I use it on all of my 4 dogs and 1 cat.
I love the Zodiac. My Collie and Aussie are inside dogs and we've used Zodiac for 8 years on the Aussie and 2 on the Collie. They go outside several times a day and stay out for 30 minutes at time. No fleas/ticks. Our vet said if it works, use it. He did try pushing the Frontline but when he examined the Aussie and found no flea bites or evidence of fleas, he told us to use what we've been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment